Just over £1bn was spent in R&D by the two leading oil and gas companies in 2010, adding £63bn in value to the UK economy.*We may not all have those types of budgets but with increasing pressures on spend it is essential that research is specifically targeted and that the investments made produce valuable returns.
One of the biggest challenges in intrinsically safe design is to combine design, technology and innovation to develop products and processes that ensure complete confidence in terms of reliability and efficiency. Triteq has extensive experience of intrinsically safe product design and explosion proof enclosure design with certified approval for several products through many notified bodies such as SIRA and BASEEFA
Our high assurance design process is supported by our TUV audited Quality Management System and focuses on security and reliability at every stage through product life cycle development.
Our in-house ATEX experts are capable of advising the best suited approval route for your product design and defining the method of implementation.
Recent case studies include:
- Our client is an expert in the field of continuous corrosion monitoring based on wall thickness measurement in inhospitable and inaccessible environments for the oil & gas industry. We worked on a high speed (20MSPS) data acquisition system used in industrial monitoring.
- With annual sales exceeding $12 billion for fiscal year 2011 our client, is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of markets. We have designed several intrinsically safe zone 0 remote sensing devices for our client. In addition to the sensing devices isolation barrier devices have been developed to protect the interfaces for power and data communications.
- Our client is a major provider of products, services and expertise in steam and industrial process plant equipment. We developed a battery powered industrial monitoring device, with intrinsically safe circuitry, where circuit elements meet the voltage, current and power requirements of EN60079-11.
Our skills and experience
- DIRECTIVE 94/9/EC
- Explosive Atmosphere Design
- Intrinsically Safe Design
- Harsh Environment
- Down Well Tools and low power battery powered design
- ATEX Standards including EN60079-0,-11, EN61241-0, EN500xx series
- ISO9000 – ISO9001
Technical Director Ken Hall is an expert in intrinsically safe design product development and has worked with leading organisations. To discuss your project, talk to us today. Email Ken here or call 01488b 684554
*Source: BIS Department for Business Innovation & Skills 2010 R& D Scoreboard Report